Friday, January 1, 2010

Daily Battleground - Arathi Basin 12/31/09

Today Wranngar's daily battleground was Arathi Basin. I wasn't too excited about this one as the Alliance has been doing poorly in all the ones I have fought in lately but we won the first one I was in. That was the only one I fought in because, although we won, the play didn't inspire confidence.

I got in before the battle started and we started 15 to 15 for a change. When the gate opened I headed right to the Lumber Mill and helped cap that. It wasn't too hard as the 4 Horde who got there at the same time we did turned around and ran. That was when things started to go downhill. I was heading to the Blacksmith when I noticed everyone leaving the Lumber Mill. That is not unusual for the Alliance, they don't seem to know the meaning of defense. I went back to the Lumber Mill so there would at least be someone there to call incoming, not that I expected anyone to come. I usually go straight to a node, help capture it, then guard it. Today I figured I would try something different and go on offense but then I remembered why I always stay to guard, someone has to do it.

It was the same story at the Blacksmith, as soon as they got the flag started everyone left. I pointed that out but no one went back so the single Horde that rode in there had no problem capping it, everyone was at the Farm. Everyone being at the Farm caused us to lose the Stables. Finally the raid leader said something and people smartened up a little, they were leaving at least one person to defend.

Meanwhile I could see 4 Horde coming to the Lumber Mill, on tracking, so I called incoming. No one came... We lost the Lumber Mill but managed to pick up the Gold Mine and then the Stables again. We got the Blacksmith back and I said to just guard those, it only takes 3 to win but, as usual, everyone wanted a 5 cap, I guess, so they wandered off to other nodes and we lost the stables again.

I was at the Blacksmith defending at this point and I stayed there until towards the end when we lost that too. At that point we were far enough ahead and had the Gold Mine, Farm and Stables that it didn't matter, we won. I was really surprised we won with that group but looking back, it was no worse then any other group, none of them know how to defend and it is just going for one node after another losing one after another.

I turned this in when I got out and collected my 19g86s, 1241 bonus honor and 25 arena points. I say I collected my 1241 bonus honor but that's not really true, I would have gotten it if I wasn't capped on honor.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

WoW Vault - The Ultimate Resource

WoW Insider

The Instance: World of Warcraft Podcast!

World of Warcraft WarCry : Latest News

World of Warcraft Stratics

Latest World of Warcraft at Ten Ton Hammer

WoW Blues

Twitter / Warcraft

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP