Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Battle for Alterac Valley 12/14/09

The battle for Alterac Valley rages on. Today I fought in 22 Battles on Wranngar. We had 14 wins and 8 losses. We managed to pull off one "The Alterac Blitz". We got that one in just under the wire, when I looked at the score card it said 7 minutes so we must have had about a second to spare. Unless it is actually 8 minutes on the score card because you are in there for 2 minutes before the gate opens, I am not sure about that.

We had one really good battle. The Horde tried to turtle and it backfired on them as it often does lately. That created a prolonged battle around the Iceblood Graveyard area ending in a battle we won by 16 reinforcements. Talk about close. In that battle we were having the usual problems with people not guarding stuff. I was in Tower Point twice and called out for more help because there were only 2 of us in there. There were people I could see at IBGY, and 6 or 7 people rode by but no one stopped... People were saying "defend TP and we got it" but no one was willing to actually do it I guess. Anyway a Ret Pally, is there anything more pathetic than a Ret Pally? If there is I haven't seen it. This Ret Pally comes in along with a Resto Druid and the rest is history. They killed the person with me so I switched to bear form and called out for help again. No one came... Anyway there was no way I was going to win as the Pally was healing itself and the Druid was healing it too. After a pretty long fight they killed me. People seemed to be pretty disappointed we lost TP and I told them if they didn't want to come help guard it when we had it then STFU. After that was the long battle and the eventual close win.

They have a new achievement in AV this year, With a Little Helper from My Friends. I don't know where they come up with this crap but that's all anyone wanted to do. You need to get 50 kills while transformed into Santa's helper. Everyone wanted to turtle. I told them to turtle on their own time, I was there to win. I can't do this quest, no Druid can unless they just want to hang around and not do anything. When you shape shift you lose the buff. I don't know of any Druid that can fight in their spec without shape shifting. A caster has to shift into Moonkin form, a Feral has to shift into cat or bear form and and Resto has to shift into a tree. This achievement is unfair to Druids and I think it is time for a revolt. Anyway the battleground was full of Gnomes in red costumes for this one. I guess that will go on until Christmas.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

WoW Vault - The Ultimate Resource

WoW Insider

The Instance: World of Warcraft Podcast!

World of Warcraft WarCry : Latest News

World of Warcraft Stratics

Latest World of Warcraft at Ten Ton Hammer

WoW Blues

Twitter / Warcraft

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP