Tuesday, December 15, 2009

The Battle for Alterac Valley - Not the best of days for the Alliance 12/15/09

I fought in 27 battles for Alterac Valley tonight on Wranngar, 14 wins and 13 losses. It was not the best day for the Alliance in there today.

I hate battleground achievements, they really screw up the battleground. The one everyone is working on now is With a Little Helper from My Friends. This is where you use a machine, located outside most cities, and in the middle of Dalaran, to transform yourself into a Gnome Santa's Helper. If you are a Druid and you shape shift it removes it. The objective of this achievement is to get 50 honorable kills while wearing it. If you die it removes it. Well, everyone wants to turtle so they can get their 50 kills. No one wants to enter into combat and take a chance on dying and having it removed. Druids will not shape shift to fight so they are useless. I personally will not do this one. I will not go into any battleground and stand around while everyone else is fighting. I do the transformation but it gets removed as soon as I go into combat because I shift into cat form.

We had a few battles but no turtles so I didn't get a lot of kills tonight, I only got around 350. That did put me over 96,000 though so I should have my title in the next 4 or 5 days. We did The Alterac Blitz twice tonight and the Horde did it twice. The Horde are killing Vann now without waiting for towers even when they are not doing the Blitz so we lost a lot that way. Some people just will not try Drek with the towers up, they say there is not enough honor. I am not there for honor so I don't care about that, I like to win. Even though I am only in there for kills I fight every battle to win. When everyone is turtled in DB I am stealthing out and trying to get towers, I always get the Coldtooth Mine when we are turtling and I keep capping it when the Horde caps it back. I am also trying to get forward GY's so we can advance.

These people complain about a 35 minute battle. They should have been there in the old days when there were no reinforcements and the only way you won was by killing the opponents General, those battles could last for days. I have been in 4-5 hour AV's myself where you could get a few thousand kills. I hear people talk about battles that lasted for days. Those were the good old days and I wish they were back but so many people complained, they put in the reinforcements. Now a 40 minute battle is long.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

WoW Vault - The Ultimate Resource

WoW Insider

The Instance: World of Warcraft Podcast!

World of Warcraft WarCry : Latest News

World of Warcraft Stratics

Latest World of Warcraft at Ten Ton Hammer

WoW Blues

Twitter / Warcraft

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP