Wednesday, December 30, 2009

The Battle for Alterac Valley - 12/29/09

I know I said I wasn't going to fight in Alterac Valley again until after the new year but I was really bored leveling my Hunter and decided to see how things were going in there. I fought in 4 battles on Wranngar and from what I saw we are doing better. We had 2 wins and 2 losses.

The first battle I was in we won with maximum honor. The Horde had SHB and IWB capping but not capped. We kept taking them back from them. They attacked the North and South Bunkers in Dun Baldar a few times but we took those back too. We capped all 4 towers and had FWGY along with the Relief Hut. With all the towers down, FWGY in our control so the Horde couldn't keep rezzing and trying to wipe us when we did Drek, we went in and took Drek down. That was a good battle.

In the second battle there was someone saying not to go any farther than IBT. To cap IBT then hold everything north of that. They swore that works. I didn't think it would work but decided to see what happened. We were ahead about 100 resources after IBT capped and should have moved forward but that person was saying to just hang onto everything. The Horde eventually whittled down the lead with kills until we were only about 40 ahead. They were slowly working their way north too. The person that was saying to not go forward and just hold everything north of IBT never left DB. Finally I spoke up and said we were going to lose unless we moved forward and got at least one more tower. He said he had come into battles where they Horde were ahead by 200 reinforcements and we won. I said I believed it because that is just what the Horde were doing, slowly closing the gap on reinforcements for the win.

By the time people stopped listening to him and started moving forward it was too late, the Horde capped SHB, which took us down to about 45 reinforcements left to their 130, then they got into DB and started those towers capping. We lost when the North Bunker capped. Now I know for sure that strat doesn't work, at least not in a PUG.

We won the next one capping 3 of the 4 towers and taking Drek down but lost the last one when the Horde took Vann with 3 towers up. We were looking pretty good in the last one too until they did that. We had 2 towers capped and were waiting for the last 2 along with the RH to cap. We didn't have enough people in Frostwolf Keep to take Drek anyway even if we knew they were going to kill Vann with 3 towers up. So we won 50% of the battles I was in and that is a vast improvement over what the Alliance was doing in there lately. I am encouraged that things will get back to normal after the new year. One thing I did notice was there were no people in Gnome costumes in there and I think that made a big difference.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

WoW Vault - The Ultimate Resource

WoW Insider

The Instance: World of Warcraft Podcast!

World of Warcraft WarCry : Latest News

World of Warcraft Stratics

Latest World of Warcraft at Ten Ton Hammer

WoW Blues

Twitter / Warcraft

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP