Monday, January 11, 2010

More Alterac Valley 1/10/10

I fought in Alterac Valley some more on Gomorra today. The Alliance is still not doing great in there. I fought in 16 battles, 7 wins and 9 losses.

During the course of the day I went from really bad groups, into really good groups, and back into really bad groups. All the wins I had were in the middle. I have to stick with it though as I need the honor for gear on Gomorra.

We had a lot of inexperienced people in there again. I see a lot of people getting their achievement for their first win in there when we do have a win. That right there tells you they don't have a lot of experience in there, at least not on the character they are on. The things people say in there too are a dead giveaway that they have no experience. Things like "Kill Drek" when we have 5 or 6 people at Drek and no towers down. "Don't give the Horde SHGY" is another one, that is usually a fatal mistake.

Unfortunately for Gomorra the lack of experienced players in there really hurts. It is worse for him than it is for Wranngar who is a melee fighter. Gomorra is a caster, he wears cloth. He is not made for melee combat. The last thing he wants is to have to come into actual contact with the enemy. He needs a good front line to stand behind and cast. He has a couple things to get people off him, fear and howl of terror which is a group fear, but it is hard to cast that when 5 or 6 people are hitting you at the same time, as damage knocks back the casting. The healers have it pretty bad too in inexperienced groups, they are the first ones to get targeted because you want to kill the healers first so the enemy has no heals.

In the good groups I had a really good time, I was able to stand back behind a good front line and cast. There were a couple battles I got through without a death in those. As poorly geared as Gomorra is at the moment he was still able to wrack up over 700,000 damage in one battle and over 400,000 in all the others. With a bad group he usually does around 250,000 as he spends a lot of time dead...

I did get 2 new pieces of gear in the last couple days, Deadly Gladiator's Felweave Amice which I socketed with a Potent Ametrine and then inscribed with Greater Inscription of the Storm. Today I got Furious Gladiator's Cuffs of Dominance. I have about 4,000 honor left, I need about 45,000 more for my next piece.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

WoW Vault - The Ultimate Resource

WoW Insider

The Instance: World of Warcraft Podcast!

World of Warcraft WarCry : Latest News

World of Warcraft Stratics

Latest World of Warcraft at Ten Ton Hammer

WoW Blues

Twitter / Warcraft

  © Blogger template Starry by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP